BUG #15256: Comparing if a rowtype is null

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #15256: Comparing if a rowtype is null
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      15256
Logged by:          Anderson Antunes
Email address:      anderson.ant.oli@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5
Operating system:   Windows

Hello. My name is Anderson Antunes. I'm from Brazil. I'd like to get more
information about the behavior of the query below using comparison
operators. From what I understand in the query result below, a composite
type variable is only null when all values are null. Similarly, a variable
is not null when all values are not null. However, when we have written a
null value and a non-null value, the "is_null" and "is not null" columns
remain false. I believe that if we have at least a pre-set value, the
operator should recognize that this variable is not null.
I hope you have understood what I think.

SELECT
r,
r IS NULL AS "is null",
r IS NOT NULL AS "is not null"
FROM (VALUES(NULL,NULL), (5, NULL), (5, 5)) r