Re: Inspection of row types in pl/pgsql and pl/sql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Inspection of row types in pl/pgsql and pl/sql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yes, and I have used it, but it really would be nicer to have some
> introspection facilities built in, especially for use in triggers.

Maybe, but the proposal at hand is spectacularly ugly --- in particular
it seems designed around the assumption that a given trigger will only
care about handling a predetermined set of datatypes, which hardly
fits with PG's normal goals for datatype extensibility.  If the argument
is that you don't like hstore or other PLs because they'll smash
everything to text, then I think you have to do better than this.