Re: ident authorization (was backup: pg_dumpall and full backups in general)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ident authorization (was backup: pg_dumpall and full backups in general)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dado Feigenblatt <dado@wildbrain.com> writes:
> So I changed the map name pg_hba.conf

>  host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255     ident usermap

> and added to pg_ident.conf the other user names postgres might have to
> switch to

>  usermap   postgres     postgres
>  usermap   postgres     purp
>  usermap   postgres     dado
>  usermap   postgres     greg

That looks like it ought to work.  Have you looked in the postmaster log
to see if any additional information is recorded about the
authentication failure?  We don't always tell the client everything
we know, for security reasons...