Re: About "Cost-based Vacuum Delay"

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: About "Cost-based Vacuum Delay"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ilyeop Yi wrote:
> I have some questions about "cost-based vacuum delay".
>
> Q1. How can I know/check if the autovacuum is actually paused periodically
> according to autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit and autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay?
>
> I cannot find such an information from log files.

These pauses are so short and so frequent that it wouldn't make sense
to log them.

You could attach "strace" to an autovacuum worker and see it pause
from the system calls it performs.

> Q2. Is there any way to manually pause a running vacuum process?
>
> If so, is there also any way to manually resume the paused vacuum process?

These pauses are so short (20 ms by default) that you won't catch them.

I suspect that you have some problem that makes you ask these questions.
What is it? Or are you just curious?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe