Re: Microoptimization of Bitmapset usage in postgres_fdw

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Microoptimization of Bitmapset usage in postgres_fdw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
make installcheck-world:  not tested
Implements feature:       not tested
Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            not tested

Hello,

The v2 patches look good to me.  However, I found a couple other
places where we might be able to use this micro-optimization.

1) dependencies_clauselist_selectivity() in dependencies.c

    /*
     * If there's not at least two distinct attnums then reject the whole list
     * of clauses. We must return 1.0 so the calling function's selectivity is
     * unaffected.
     */
    if (bms_num_members(clauses_attnums) < 2)
    {
        pfree(list_attnums);
        return 1.0;
    }

2) BuildRelationExtStatistics() in extended_stats.c.

    /* check allowed number of dimensions */
    Assert(bms_num_members(stat->columns) >= 2 &&
           bms_num_members(stat->columns) <= STATS_MAX_DIMENSIONS);

Nathan

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author