Re: Bulkloading using COPY - ignore duplicates?

От Lee Kindness
Тема Re: Bulkloading using COPY - ignore duplicates?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:> I'm especially not pleased at the notion of removing an error check> that's always been there because
someoneelse thinks that would make it> more convenient for his application.

Please, don't get me wrong - I don't want to come across arrogant. I'm
simply trying to improve the 'COPY FROM' command in a situation where
speed is a critical issue and the data is dirty... And that must be a
relatively common scenario in industry.

And I never said the duplicate should be silently ignored - an
elog(NOTICE) should still be output.

Lee.