Re: Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 12:05:10PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Here's a draft patch that renames regress_ecpg_user2 to ecpg2_regression,

> Using ecpg2_regression for the role goes a bit against the recent rule
> to not create any role not suffixed by "regress_" as part of the
> regression tests, but I am fine to live with that here.

Oh dear, I forgot to check that carefully.  I'd been thinking the rule was
that such names must *contain* "regress", but looking at user.c, it's
stricter:

#ifdef ENFORCE_REGRESSION_TEST_NAME_RESTRICTIONS
    if (strncmp(stmt->role, "regress_", 8) != 0)
        elog(WARNING, "roles created by regression test cases should have names starting with \"regress_\"");
#endif

Meanwhile, the rule for database names is:

#ifdef ENFORCE_REGRESSION_TEST_NAME_RESTRICTIONS
    if (IsUnderPostmaster && strstr(dbname, "regression") == NULL)
        elog(WARNING, "databases created by regression test cases should have names including \"regression\"");
#endif

So unless we want to relax one or both of those, we can't have a user
name that matches the database name.

Now I'm inclined to go back to the first-draft patch I had, which just
dropped the first problematic test case, and added gssencmode=disable
to the second one.