Re: pg_ctl less than useful error message on windows when privileges wrong for postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_ctl less than useful error message on windows when privileges wrong for postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
> On 21-Oct-08, at 5:24 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It's fairly hard to see how that mistake leads to that symptom.
>> Can you poke a bit more into exactly what is happening?

> when I executed postgres.exe directly it complained of the user having
> admin privs

With no arguments, that's not surprising; but pg_ctl invokes it with the
-V option, which should result in a version response occurring before
the root-privileges check (look at main/main.c).  So I think there's
something going on here that you've not identified.