Re: RangeTblEntry modifications

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: RangeTblEntry modifications
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alex Pilosov <alex@pilosoft.com> writes:
> I think I just understood what you were saying: having tupleDesc in RTE is
> not kosher, because RTE can last longer than a given tupleDesc?

Depends where you got the tupleDesc from --- if you copy it into the
parse context then it's OK in terms of not disappearing.  However,
that doesn't mean it's still *valid*.  Consider
begin;declare foo cursor for select * from bar;create view v1 as select * from cursor foo;end;

Now the cursor foo is no more, but v1 still exists ... what happens
when we try to select from v1?

Сообщение: Re: RangeTblEntry modifications
Сообщение: Re: RangeTblEntry modifications