rh-postgresql96 vs community postgresql-9.6

От yogeshr
Тема rh-postgresql96 vs community postgresql-9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Our client has provided us Red Hat machine for setting up PostgreSQL. We are
allowed to install red hat provided packages only.

So we have to install red hat provided postgresql (rh-postgresql96) instead
of postgresql-9.6.

Is it a good approach to go with red hat specific PostgreSQL in production
instead of community PostgreSQL?
Also, we were trying to set up repmgr for this PostgreSQL in the local
environment but we didn't find any suitable package for this PostgreSQL.

How can we install any high availability solution like repmgr for Red Hat
provided PostgreSQL?

any help would be appreciated.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html