BUG #15158: JDBC driver has faulty comparison in method:haveMinimumServerVersion(String ver)

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #15158: JDBC driver has faulty comparison in method:haveMinimumServerVersion(String ver)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      15158
Logged by:          Brian K
Email address:      harvestmoon299@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 10.3
Operating system:   Windows

in org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection on line 960, there is a
javadoc comment that identifies the problem this way:

"Is the server we are connected to running at least this version? This
comparison method will fail whenever a major or minor version goes to two
digits (10.3.0) or (7.10.1). "

the method GetTransactionIsolation() calls this method in line 757 with the
following code:
if (haveMinimumServerVersion("7.3"))

This determines whether to run the query: "SHOW TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL"
or the update: "SHOW TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL".  The query returns
appropriately, while the update throws the sql error: "This recordset is
closed".

As expected, testing whether version 10.3 has a minimum server version of
7.3 yields "false".  It looks to me that the calling code is expecting
"true" for it to work with postgres 10.3.

I am encountering this error when I try to use postgres 10.3 as the
datastore for a project created from the Apache Isis "SimpleApp"
archetype.

Do you know why this issue is identified in the code but not dealt with?

Thank you!
Brian