Re: PSQL error: total cell count of XXX exceeded

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PSQL error: total cell count of XXX exceeded
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2023-Nov-21, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
>>> It's a bit annoying that the error recovery decision of this code is to
>>> exit the process with an error.  [...]
>>> TBH though, I've never hit that code in real usage.

>> Yeah, I think the reason it's stayed like that for 25 years is that
>> nobody's hit the case in practice.  Changing the API would be a bit
>> troublesome, too, because we don't know if anybody besides psql
>> uses it.

> True.

It strikes me that perhaps a workable compromise behavior could be
"report the error to wherever we would have printed the table, and
return normally".  I'm still not excited about doing anything about
it, but ...

Сообщение: Re: Add recovery to pg_control and remove backup_label
Сообщение: Re: Add recovery to pg_control and remove backup_label