Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Дата
Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> On Feb 10, 2011, at 7:05 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (I'm not wedded to the phrase "FROM OLD" in particular, but it does
>> reuse already existing keywords.  Also, maybe it'd be better to reserve
>> a version string such as "old" or "bootstrap", so that the bootstrap
>> script could be called something more legible like foo-bootstrap-1.0.sql.)

> Well, it's not really a bootstrap, is it? FROM OLD is okay, though not great. FROM BEFORE would be better. Or
IMPLICIT?(It was implicitly an extension before.) Or, hey, FROM NOTHING! :-)

Hmm, you're right.  The word bootstrap implies that we're starting from
nothing, which is exactly what we're *not* doing (starting from nothing
is the easy "clean install" case).  By the same token, FROM NOTHING
isn't the right phrase either.  An accurate description would be
something like FROM UNPACKAGED OBJECTS, but I'm not seriously proposing
that ...

Other ideas anyone?

От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3