Re: Proposal: Adding json logging

От Jordan Deitch
Тема Re: Proposal: Adding json logging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Exactly what are you logging here ??? Why would I need to see a
> multi-dimensional array in the log ?

If I wanted to capture the location of errors my clients are encountering on their postgres clusters in detail, I would
needto parse the 'LOCATION' string in their log entries, parse out the filename by splitting on the ':' character of
thatsame line, and parse out the line number. Essentially any programmatic analysis of logs, as it stands today, would
requirestring parsing. I'd rather have an organized, logical representation of information which I suggest is not
possiblein a flat, single dimensional structure.

{
"level":"ERROR",
"meta":{
 "line_number":23,
 "file": "parse_relation.c",
},
"detail:{
 "condition_name"...,
 "error_code"...,
},
time:....
}

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Adding json logging
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Adding json logging