Re: Going crazy comparing bytea columns

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Going crazy comparing bytea columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
scomp@canada.com writes:
> I am using npgsql with C# to insert a bytea value into a
> column which will serve as an encrypted password. This works
> well. However, when I retrieve the value, it is different.
> In other words, "select pwd from table where pwd like @pwd"
> does not work.

Why are you using LIKE when you apparently want simple equality?
ISTM that LIKE opens up a whole can of worms with possible appearance
of the wildcards (% and _, not to mention \) in the string.

Another likely source of trouble is that you're not dealing with
escaping of non-ASCII byte values the same way when you insert
the password as when you try to look it up.