Re: regarding schema only migration from sqlserver to postgres with runmtk.sh

От Jan de Visser
Тема Re: regarding schema only migration from sqlserver to postgres with runmtk.sh
Дата
Список pgsql-general
P L E A S E   D O N ' T   T O P  P O S T

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 9:00:48 PM EDT Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
> as per above conversation. i checked connectivity details as it is
> connected to database  (even hostname i mentioned connected to database)
>   psql --host 192.168.168.201 --user postgres -d raghu
> Password for user postgres:
> psql.bin (9.4.8, server 9.4.4)
> Type "help" for help.
>
> No entry for terminal type "xterm";
> using dumb terminal settings.
> raghu=#
>
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 8:51 PM, Jan de Visser <jan@de-visser.net> wrote:
> > Please don't top-post.
> >
> > On Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:30:53 PM EDT Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
> > > hi
> > > sir
> > > as per above discussion same error repeated even mentioned ip address of
> > > hostname
> > >
> > > ./runMTK.sh -sourcedbtype sqlserver -targetSchema public -schemaOnly
> > > -allTables dbo
> > >

> > > TARGET_DB_URL=jdbc:postgresql://192.168.168.201:5432/raghu
> > > TARGET_DB_USER=postgres
> > > TARGET_DB_PASSWORD=*****

- Just to make sure: TARGET_DB_PASSWORD is not actually set to '*****', right?
- Are you sure that you need 'jdbc:' in the URL?

Also, your tone and communication style are not really helping your cause.
Your quoting style is chaotic and you're very adversarial. I understand you're
probably under pressure to get this fixed, but yelling at the volunteers that
help you here is not helping.