Getting started guide does not start from first step

От PG Doc comments form
Тема Getting started guide does not start from first step
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/tutorial-createdb.html

I'm new to PostgreSQL and following the getting started guide. I expected it
to start from zero, but it assumes the reader already has a database up and
running and is already connected to it.

1.3 Creating a database
I got here and tried the command `createdb mydb`, but it didn't work. I had
connected to the database (sudo su - postgres) and thought that was the only
step because the command prompt was now `postgre@username`. After quite a
bit of beginner searching on the internet, I found I then had to type `psql`
to actually connect.

It'd be really great for new users if the Getting Started guide was more of
a walkthrough that contained all the steps--even those little ones of
getting connected that experienced users overlook.