Re: Error creating user

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error creating user
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Mo Holkar <pgsql@digitalmindgames.com> writes:
> I've got a new installation of Postgres 7.0.3 under Red Hat 7.0, have got
> as far as the postmaster seems to be working OK, but when I try and create
> a user account I get the following error:

> /usr/bin/psql: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/bin/psql:
> undefined symbol: pg_encoding_to_char

Looks like your psql was compiled with MULTIBYTE support, but it's
linking to a libpq.so that was compiled without.  You probably have
an older libpq.so that you need to delete, and/or update your ldconfig
information so that the linker will find the newer libpq.so.  See the
docs concerning shared-library setup.