Re: float8 regression test failure in head

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: float8 regression test failure in head
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Attached is a patch for this issue. I've checked with Chris, and this
> patch allows the regression tests to pass on his machine. I also
> updated float8-exp-three-digits expected file, but I wasn't able to
> test these changes (I don't have access to a QNX machine).

FWIW, my procedure for handling updates in regression tests that have
multiple expected variants is to apply the same diff that occurs on the
machines I can test to the variants I can't test.  It's possible that
this will be wrong, but 99% of the time it's right and it saves followup
work.

An easy way to apply such changes is to feed a default-format diff
output to patch(1):

diff test.myplatform.orig test.myplatform | patch

patch then bleats about not knowing which file to patch, and you
tell it "test.otherplatform".  Works every time ...