Re: missing file in git repo

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: missing file in git repo
Дата
Re: missing file in git repo  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> The thing we've always agreed upon is to at least start by migrating
> something that's as close to our current workflow as possible to git,
> and *then* consider changing anything in the workflow. We're not going
> to change both at once.

Yeah.  One of the main constraints in my view is retaining our current
workflow for back-patching release branches.  We're not going to stop
supporting those branches, and we're not going to deal with two separate
repositories.  So if we're to convert to a git master, it has to be
able to deal with back-patches.  Given that the "same" patch is usually
textually a bit different from branch to branch, I'm not convinced that
git is going to make my life easier in that respect.