Re: Condition variable live lock

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Condition variable live lock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Could we install the sentinel and pop the first entry at the same
> time, so that we're not adding an extra spinlock acquire/release?

Hm, maybe.  Other ideas in that space:

* if queue is empty when we first acquire the spinlock, we don't
have to do anything at all.

* if queue is empty after we pop the first entry, we needn't bother
installing our sentinel, just signal that proc and we're done.

It's a question of how complicated you're willing to make this
logic, and whether you trust that we'll be able to test all the
code paths.