Re: GIST index (polygon, point)

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: GIST index (polygon, point)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
ghiureai wrote:
> I have a short description bellow from Dev team regarding the behaviour of gist index on the polygon column, looking
toget some  feedback  from you:

> ".... I was expecting the <@(point,polygon) and @>(polygon,point) to be indexable but they are not. see bellow query
output,

> the column is a polygon and the index is a gist index on the polygon column; my understanding of the above query is
thatit says which operators would cause that index to be used

> This SQL shows which operators are indexable:SELECT
>  pg_get_indexdef(ss.indexrelid, (ss.iopc).n, TRUE) AS index_col,
>  amop.amopopr::regoperator AS indexable_operator
> FROM pg_opclass opc, pg_amop amop,
>  (SELECT indexrelid, information_schema._pg_expandarray(indclass) AS iopc
>   FROM pg_index
>   WHERE indexrelid = 'caom2.Plane_energy_ib'::regclass) ss
> WHERE amop.amopfamily = opc.opcfamily AND opc.oid = (ss.iopc).x
> ORDER BY (ss.iopc).n, indexable_operator;
>
> We run  the SQL  in PG 9.5.3 and PG 10.2 we  the same result: only polygon vs polygon is indexable (except the last
entrywhich is distance operator).

> The work around for us was to change interval-contains-value from polygon-contains-point (@> or <@ operator) to
> polygn-intersects-really-small-polygon (&&) in order to use the index, but I was quite surprised that contains
operatorsare not indexable!

> Note that this is using the built in polygon and not pgsphere (spoly)"

That sounds about right.

You could use a single-point polygon like '((1,1))'::polygon
and the <@ or && operator.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Daulat Ram
Сообщение: Please help
От: Rambabu V
Сообщение: by mistake dropped physical file dropped for one table.