update tables with instead of trigger after update of view

От garret
Тема update tables with instead of trigger after update of view
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi I have views created from several tables. I would like to create a
function with Plpgsql that updates the underlying tables rather than the
view with a do instead trigger. I have been able to get a working example of
what I want in the link below. The thing is, I would rather try to create a
more dynamic function instead of creating an if statement for each column.

Here's my  sql fiddle <http://sqlfiddle.com/#!17/d63dc/2>   where I show the
end result of what I would like to happen but with a more manual approach of
hard coding in the column and table to update.

I have also posted on  DBA stackexchange
<https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/198412/automate-update-columns-in-a-view-with-trigger-function-in-plpgsql>
but got no responses I was hoping someone on this forum could help, or let
me know if this is not realistically possible.

Thank you

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-sql-f2142323.html

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: