Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: btree scan list trashed ??

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: btree scan list trashed ??
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Adriaan Joubert <a.joubert@albourne.com> writes:
> I've been getting the following error out of the backend (followed by a
> general demise of the system)
> ERROR:  btree scan list trashed; can't find 0x1401e38c0
> Anybody know what this means? I've spent a day trying to figure out what
> I'm doing wrong, but this gives me no clues.

I doubt you are doing anything "wrong" ... you're just getting burnt
by some internal bug.

What Postgres version are you using, and on what platform?  If it's
anything older than 6.5.1, an upgrade would probably be a good idea.

If you are seeing the problem in 6.5.1, then we need to try to fix it.
A reproducible test case would help a lot in finding the bug.

> It seems to happen completely intermittently and seems to depend on a
> combination of clients doing something at the same time.

Ugh.  Getting a reproducible test case might be hard...

BTW, another possible stopgap is to rebuild (drop and re-create) all
your indexes.  If the problem is being triggered by a corrupted index
then that should make it go away, at least until the next time the
index gets corrupted.