Re: Using symbolic links with tablespaces

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Using symbolic links with tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-general
miller_2555 <nabble.30.miller_2555@spamgourmet.com> writes:
> So this does not work well apparently.

The only obvious thing wrong with your example is failing to preserve
ownership/permissions of the moved files.  I think the upper directories
are probably not readable by Postgres so it's choking.

BTW, Postgres *already* refers to tablespaces via symlinks, so you could
do this with a tad less runtime overhead by re-pointing the appropriate
symlink inside $PGDATA/pg_tblspc/.