Re: Bus error in pg_logical_slot_get_changes (9.4.7, sparc)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bus error in pg_logical_slot_get_changes (9.4.7, sparc)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 2016-04-14 13:11:43 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> But looking around a bit, I think that ReorderBufferRestoreChange is
>> almost completely broken on alignment-picky machines, if the expectation
>> is that the input data could be aligned arbitrarily.

> 'data' cannot be aligned arbitrarily. It's palloc aligned, and the
> buffer is used separately for everything is loaded from disk. I.e. the
> data pointer passed to ReorderBufferRestoreChange is aligned to a
> MAXALIGN boundary.

Right, I figured that out awhile later; it would have been better if it
was documented.  See my second patch attempt.

Сообщение: Re: Bus error in pg_logical_slot_get_changes (9.4.7, sparc)
Сообщение: Re: Bus error in pg_logical_slot_get_changes (9.4.7, sparc)