Re: create subscription, connection string, password in log not hide

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: create subscription, connection string, password in log not hide
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
ferraresso@tin.it wrote:
> I am tring the use of Logical Replication with Postgres 10.1.

> But I found this problem:
> I went to see in the log file of the two system what is going on.
> I found in the log (C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\10\data\log) of the subscriber the line of the command:
> "CREATE SUBSCRIPTION mysub CONNECTION 'dbname=foo host=bar user=repuser password=secret' PUBLICATION mypub;"
> Where I can see the connection string exactly as written with the password in clear.
> I try to use the password with md5 hash ('md5'+md5(user+password)) and othe combination of encrypted password, in a
similarway I can do with "CREATE USER WITH ENCRYPTED ...".

> But it seemed to me that the only way is to use the password in clear.
> There is any way to avoid to log the password in clear manner?

You can run

   BEGIN;
   SET LOCAL log_statement='none';
   SET LOCAL log__min_duration_statement=-1;
   CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ...;
   COMMIT;

to disable logging for the duration of a transaction.

Alternatively, you could allow "trust" authentication for replication
connections from one machine, then you don't have to send a password.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: "ferraresso@tin.it"
Сообщение: create subscription, connection string, password in log not hide
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: R: Re: create subscription, connection string, password in lognot hide