Re: psql weird behaviour with charset encodings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql weird behaviour with charset encodings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hernan gonzalez <hgonzalez@gmail.com> writes:
> My scenario: Fedora 12, Postgresql 8.4.3 compiled from source.

> Database encoding (global) LATIN9.
> User postgres locale: LANG=en_US.iso885915,
> User root locale LANG=en_US.UTF-8

> When I connect from postgres user, all is right.
> When I connect from root, it's not right... except with \x

What's client_encoding set to in the two cases?  If it's not utf8,
does changing it to that improve matters?  Alternatively, see what
xterm (or whatever terminal window you're using) thinks the encoding
is, and change it to match psql's client_encoding.