Re: pg_upgrading to 10.1 corrupts (varchar,varchar) UNIQUE indices

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: pg_upgrading to 10.1 corrupts (varchar,varchar) UNIQUE indices
Дата
Список pgsql-general
rihad wrote:
> On 12/22/2017 05:09 PM, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> > rihad wrote:
> > > Hi there, this is a reproducible error. We recently pg_upgraded our
> > > production database to 10.1 from 9.6.6. The upgrade runs fine with the
> > > suggestion to analyze all data.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > Trying to find data using the specified indices fails to find matching rows:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > reindexing the table fixes the issue:
> >
> > Did you also upgrade the operating system or at least libc?
>
> It looks like it.
>
> $ ll /lib/libc.so.7
> -r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  1647104 Jun 19  2017 /lib/libc.so.7
>
> this never was a major/minor OS upgrade, just whatever FreeBSD patch
> releases included.
>
> > Then the problem could come from a modified collation.
> > Compare https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CB4D1C6BAA80CF146CB0D4F2%40eje.credativ.lan
>
> de (German) was just an example, the inability to find matching rows
> affected other languages like fr or even en, too.
> It does look like a collation issue, though.

That would be the best thing, because it would mean that there is no
PostgreSQL bug or hardware problem, and REINDEX will fix the problem.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrading to 10.1 corrupts (varchar,varchar) UNIQUE indices
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrading to 10.1 corrupts (varchar,varchar) UNIQUE indices