Re: PL/Perl on HPUX

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PL/Perl on HPUX
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Petre Scheie <petre.scheie@nextelpartners.com> writes:
> When I run './configure --with-perl' for 7.3.1 on an HPUX 11.0 system I
> get the error about it not being able to build PL/Perl because libperl
> is not a shared library, as mentioned in the installation docs.  In my
> case, I installed perl 5.8 using the package from the HP Porting &
> Archive Center.  The doc for 7.3.1 suggests that libperl IS a shared
> library for most 'recent perl versions', so it seems like it should
> work.  But it doesn't.

Well, is it?  Do you have a libperl.sl, or just libperl.a?

Personally I have no problem with plperl on HPUX 10.20, but I build Perl
from source so that I can tell its configure script to build a shared
library.  Last time I did that, which was perl 5.8.0, shared library was
still *not* the default choice.  I have no idea what the Porting Center
chose for their build, but you should easily be able to tell from the
installed filename.

Сообщение: Re: Cygwin postmaster.pid solution?
Сообщение: Re: Cygwin postmaster.pid solution?