Re: problems with postgresql 10.1 hba_conf on fedora 27

От rob stone
Тема Re: problems with postgresql 10.1 hba_conf on fedora 27
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, 2017-12-20 at 16:05 -0700, support-tiger wrote:
> can someone please help ?
>
> postgresql-10
>
> fedora 27
>
> our hba_conf that worked with pg 9x
>
> local    all   all       postgres                peer
>
> host    all    all       127.0.0.1/32         md5
>
> host    all    all       ::1/128                  md5
>
> now gives error on restart and we cannot find the  log file
>
> postgres remains so damn difficult and time wasting to quickly get
> up
> and running  vs other db's and docs don't help much

Hi,

"local" is for socket connections, yet you have an address of
"postgres". How did this function in the past?

Exactly what do you mean by "gives error on restart". The database
starts and you can connect, then you shut it down and then you start it
again, it fails?

Cheers,
Rob