Re: Statically linking ICU with Postgres

От leoaaryan
Тема Re: Statically linking ICU with Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
IMO the whole idea behind building Postgres with ICU was to remove the
dependency provided by the OS package. Installing ICU as shared object and
configuring Postgres with the libicu*.so file may have a dependency on
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. In shared object situation un-setting/re-setting the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH will give inconsistent behavior.
If I'm able to link ICU library to Postgres statically I'll be able to
remove these dependencies.

I know there are libraries which are statically linked with the Postgres
code and even Postgres internally links modules statically. I'm aiming to
install ICU outside the Postgres source code directory and then link it
statically.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning