Re: postgres --help-config

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgres --help-config
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I understand we want to get something that _isn't_ going to change after
> 7.4.  That's why I proposed a simple --help-config in user-readable
> format (might be improved in the future), and a --help-config-raw in tab
> format, without headers.

Actually, I think the point Peter's been making is that it's not clear
we need a "user-readable" output format at all.  The variant you are
calling --help-config-raw is the only one that needs to be supported in
7.4, and anything else should (arguably) be left off so that it doesn't
constrain a future redesign.