Re: GSoC 2018

От Alex Kliukin
Тема Re: GSoC 2018
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017, at 14:52, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:

> Completely agree, this project can be an improvement for Stolon (or
> Patroni, but I personally never tested or used it, also I got a feeling
> that Google guys will prefer a project that is written in Go). This
> would make much more sense.

I don't believe Google will reject a project based on the fact that it
is written in Python (in fact, Python Software Foundation has
successfully participated in GSoC for many years). Based on the github
statistics, Patroni has started earlier and has more contributors than
Stolon (including those contributed more than one patch/pull-request.)
--
Sincerely,
Alex