Re: Is it possible to sort strings in EBCDIC order in PostgreSQLserver?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Is it possible to sort strings in EBCDIC order in PostgreSQLserver?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> It is embarrassing to ask such a thing, but is there any way to sort character column values in EBCDIC order inside
thePostgreSQL server?

> i.e. is it possible to use EBCDIC collation in PostgreSQL, say, by using ICU or something?  We need to run on a
certainmainframe.

> I see almost no hope from the following, but let me make sure.

That should not be too difficult.  PostgreSQL is extensible!

Just define operators that implement <, <=, =, >= and > for EBCDIC,
create an operator class for these (for indexing) and use
ORDER BY ... USING.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe