Re: Minor result error in binary strings documentation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Minor result error in binary strings documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> On the page:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/functions-binarystring.html

> The result for decode('123\000456', 'escape') is incorrect, it should be:

> # select decode('123\000456', 'escape');
>       decode
>  \x31323300343536

The example is "correct" as given, because it assumes bytea_output is set
to escape, as noted at the top of the page.  For v13, I have adjusted all
the examples on this page to follow the modern default of bytea_output =
hex, but I don't plan to retrofit the older branches that way.