Re: Migrating From CentOS-6 Oracle 11g R2 To CentOS-7 PostgreSQL ??

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Migrating From CentOS-6 Oracle 11g R2 To CentOS-7 PostgreSQL ??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Eugene Poole wrote:
> What happens if I use the Oracle DDL on PostgreSQL?   It's not much with
> plsql but it has a lot of foreign keys and sequence fields.

These are the easy part, and ora2pg can definitely help there.

You'll have to modify the DDL statements, but the functionality
exists in PostgreSQL.
Unless you have things like objects or nested tables, I wouldn't
expect much trouble there.

The hard part will probably be to teach the application not
to use Oracle outer join syntax and that '' IS NOT NULL.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe