Re: PostgreSQL and Data Warehouse optimizations

От legrand legrand
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and Data Warehouse optimizations
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Parallel Queries are now available and development is very active for
Declarative Partitioning (arrived with pg 10),
many new features are currently developped in pg 11, (for exemple hash
partition, partition wise ... most regarding partition usage optimizations)
see https://commitfest.postgresql.org/16/

There are also many works regarding Sharding (using FDW with remote
partitions) and pocs regarding compression, vectorization ...

I'm like you, I very interested in dataware house / datamart / OLAP queries
I've asked about
http://www.postgresql-archive.org/Partition-pruning-agg-push-down-for-star-schema-in-pg-v11-td5994678.html
that seems to me a kind of pre-requisite before trying to migrate ...

Sure pg 11 will be great for us ;o)

Regards
PAscal

--