Re: SELinux & Redhat

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SELinux & Redhat
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Jeff - <threshar@torgo.978.org> writes:
> When I run pg_dump w/these settings the following happens running
> pg_dump (.broken is hte original file from the rpm)

> bash-3.00$ /usr/bin/pg_dump.broken planet
> bash-3.00$

Does it work if you direct the output into a file, instead of letting it
come to your terminal (which seems a bit useless anyway)?

I've been bugging dwalsh about the fact that the selinux policy
disallows writes to /dev/tty to things it thinks are daemons;
that seems pretty stupid.  But pg_dump isn't a daemon so there's
no reason for it to be restricted this way anyway...

> and what is interesting is it seems only sometimes things get logged
> to syslog about the failure.

Someone told me there's a rate limit on selinux complaints going to
syslog, to keep it from swamping your logs.  I suspect there are some
actual bugs there too, because I've noticed cases where an action was
blocked and there wasn't any log message, nor enough activity to
justify a rate limit.  Feel free to file a bugzilla report if you can
get a reproducible case.