Re: Removal of support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Removal of support for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and 1.0.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 5 Dec 2019, at 09:32, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> From the point of view of the code, the cleanup is not actually that
>> amazing I am afraid, a jump directly to 1.1.0 would remove much more
>> because the breakages were wider when we integrated it.  Anyway, those
>> cleanups are part of 0003.  I thought that this would have resulted in
>> more cleanup :(

> While expected, it's still disappointing.  Until we can drop 1.0.2 there isn't
> too much to gain, and that will likely be reasonably far into the future given
> that it's the final version that can run the FIPS module.

Yeah; also as mentioned in the other thread, 1.0.1 is still in use
in RHEL 6, so it's hard to consider dropping that for at least another
year.  I concur with the conclusion that we can stop worrying about
NetBSD 5, though.

I see nothing to object to in this patch set.