Re: index changing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: index changing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"monu_indian" <monu_indian@indiatimes.com> writes:
> I have designed a new indexing tecknique for biological database now I want to implement it in pgsql so what the work
Iwill have to do? From where I should start?

You could write a new index access method ... though I would not exactly
recommend that as a good project for a first-time Postgres hacker.

It might be that you could implement what you want to do as a layer on
top of the GIST index type.  See the GIST-related contrib modules for
some examples.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Oracle/PostgreSQL incompatibilities
От: Rod Taylor
Сообщение: Re: Open 7.4 items