Re: pgxs: build infrastructure for extensions v4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgxs: build infrastructure for extensions v4
Дата
Re: pgxs: build infrastructure for extensions v4  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> One question did arise, however. In order to use pgxs I needed to do:
>    make install-all-headers
> instead of:
>    make install

> I seem to recall some discussion about this, but at the time didn't
> realize the impact. IMHO pgxs support (including all needed headers)
> should be installed by default, else we won't be able to count on it
> being there when needed. Any chance we can revisit this?

AFAICS the packagers (RPM etc) will continue to think that these files
belong in a postgresql-devel RPM, and will not include them in a base
package.  I'm not sure of the point of trying to force installation in
a build from source given that much of the world isn't going to be using
a source package anyway.

However, we could certainly talk about altering the default behavior
(eg, install becomes install-no-headers and install-all-headers becomes
part of the default install target).