Re: Non-blocking communication between a frontend and a backend (pqcomm)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Non-blocking communication between a frontend and a backend (pqcomm)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I am also thinking that if you do need the ability to get control back
> without blocking on the socket, you probably will need that for writes
> as well as reads; and this patch doesn't cover the write case.

Oh, another gripe: I'll bet a nickel that this doesn't work very nicely
under SSL.  Bytes available on the socket doesn't necessarily equate to
decrypted payload bytes being available.  Depending on how you're using
secure_poll, that might be okay, but it seems like a hazard waiting to
trap unwary maintainers.