Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix freezing of a dead HOT-updatedtuple

От Wong, Yi Wen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix freezing of a dead HOT-updatedtuple
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix freezing of a dead HOT-updated tuple  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-hackers
My interpretation of README.HOT is the check is just to ensure the chain is continuous; in which case the condition
shouldbe:

>                 if (TransactionIdIsValid(priorXmax) &&
>                         !TransactionIdEquals(priorXmax, HeapTupleHeaderGetRawXmin(htup)))
>                         break;

So the difference is GetRawXmin vs GetXmin, because otherwise we get the FreezeId instead of the Xmin when the
transactionhappened

The interesting consequence of changing that is the prune seems to get the entire chain altogether with Dan's repro...
I'verun it a couple of times and have consistently gotten the following page
lp | t_ctid | lp_off | lp_flags | t_infomask | t_infomask2
2|        |      7 |        2 |            |             3 |        |      0 |        0 |            |             4 |
     |      0 |        0 |            |             5 |        |      0 |        0 |            |             6 |
|      0 |        0 |            |             7 | (0,7)  |   8112 |        1 |      11010 |       32771
(7 rows)

I've made this change to conditions in both heap_prune_chain and heap_get_root_tuples and this seems to cause things to
passmy smoke tests.

I'll look into this deeper tomorrow.

Yi Wen