Re: Sigh, I broke crake again

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Sigh, I broke crake again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I had not intended to back-patch, since those changes were just cosmetic,
> but it might be the best way to preserve the XversionUpgrade tests.

After closer study, it seems like the least painful answer is:

1. In HEAD, revert the renaming of int44in/int44out to
city_budget_in/_out; the gain in obviousness isn't worth the screwing
around we'd have to do to cope with it in cross-version upgrade testing.

2. In the back branches, drop the CREATE FUNCTION commands for
funny_dup17 and boxarea, which are used nowhere so they can easily
be dispensed with.

We could ask TestUpgradeXversion.pm to drop the latter two functions,
similarly to what it's already doing for oldstyle_length.  But
oldstyle_length was actually being used for something in the older
branches so it was worth the trouble to cope with a cross-branch
difference.  These two don't seem worth changing the buildfarm for.