Re: [HACKERS] Discussion on missing optimizations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Discussion on missing optimizations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2017-10-08 11:28:09 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/15/1001/
>> The reason that's not in v10 is we haven't been able to convince
>> ourselves whether it's 100% correct.

> Unfortunately it won't help in this specific case (no support for UNION,
> just UNION ALL), but I thought it might be interesting to reference
> https://medium.com/@uwdb/introducing-cosette-527898504bd6
> here.

Huh, that is an interesting project indeed.  Although I'm not sure that
it quite addresses the question of whether an optimization transform
is valid.  IIUC, it could prove that a particular query having been fed
through the transform didn't change semantics, but that offers only
limited insight into whether some other query fed through the transform
might change.