Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Am Dienstag, 6. Mai 2008 schrieb Tom Lane:
>> Well, COLUMNS has no hope of tracking on-the-fly changes of window size,
>> which is why the ioctl should take precedence over it.

> Readline changes the value of COLUMNS on the fly.

... from the ioctl's results, presumably, so what you are saying is that
if readline is active then this discussion is all moot.

In any case I'd be happier if our behavior on this point was not
dependent on whether readline is built in.  A normal person would expect
readline to affect only input behavior, not output behavior.

Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width
Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch - psql wraps at window width