Re: PostgreSQL7.1 on AIX5L is running with too poor ferformance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL7.1 on AIX5L is running with too poor ferformance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Leslie" <leslie@boreas.dti.ne.jp> writes:
> PostgreSQL7.1 is now running on AIX5L( S85, 6GB memory, 6CPU), which was
> running on Linux before(Pentium3, 2CPU, as far as I
> remember.......sorry......).
> The performance( on AIX5L ) is just half as good as the one( on Linux ).

Hmm ... is the AIX compilation selecting an appropriate TAS
implementation for spinlocks?  If it's falling back to semaphore-based
spinlocks, I can easily believe that you might take a 2X performance
hit.  Possibly s_lock.h needs some additional #if tests for AIX5.