Re: sha1, sha2 functions into core?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: sha1, sha2 functions into core?
Дата
Re: sha1, sha2 functions into core?  (Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I would like to see whether there is support for adding sha1 and sha2
> functions into the core.

I can't get excited about that, but could put up with it as long as
there wasn't scope creep ...

> One thing that might be reasonable would be to move the digest()
> functions
>     digest(data text, type text) returns bytea
>     digest(data bytea, type text) returns bytea
> from pgcrypto into core,

... which this approach would create, because digest() isn't restricted
to just those algorithms.  I think it'd be better to just invent two
new functions, which also avoids issues for applications that currently
expect the digest functions to be installed in pgcrypto's schema.