Re: Re: [PORTS] pgmonitor and Solaris

От Pete Forman
Тема Re: Re: [PORTS] pgmonitor and Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:> > Tom Lane writes:> > The consequence should be:> > > > 1. check if sendmail works with
/usr/bin/ps>> > > 2. a) if yes, figure out what got lost in PostgreSQL> > > > 2. b) if no, make the Solaris case in
ps_status.cuse the BSD> >       approach> > [ I had tried to move this discussion to ports, but hackers is OK> too.]> >
Well,this is very interesting.  I am glad to hear you based the> current ps_status code on sendmail, which I think is
theperfect> way to go.> > I seem to remember the Solaris manual page stating it doesn't> update the ps display, but I
maybe mixing that up with something> else.  I agree /usr/bin/ps is the better option, if we can get it> working.  Most
peoplewill not remember to use /usr/ucb/ps.

I've done a quick survey of the Suns available to me to see whether
sendmail updates the ps display.  The summary is:
  1) Require "/usr/ucb/ps w" at least.  /usr/bin/ps has no options     that I can find to display the status of
sendmail.
  2) Older versions of sendmail do not update the status.  8.6 does     not update, 8.8.8 does.
  3) Solaris 2.5 and 2.5.1 have sendmail 8.6, 7 has 8.9.1, 8 has     8.9.3.  Some 2.6 have 8.6, others have 8.8.8.
Presumably    patches have beed applied.

On other OSs, AIX 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 have sendmail 8.8.4, 8.8.6, 8.8.8 or
8.9.3.  They all display the status in both SysV and BSD modes.
On AIX there is one ps command which handles both styles.

IRIX 6.2 and 6.5.4m through 6.5.10m have sendmail 8.8.8, 8.9.1, 8.9.3.
No status is available.  There do not appear to be any BSD-ish ps
options.
--
Pete Forman                 -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                   -./\.-  by myself and does not represent